JOB TITLE: Associate Counselor
LOCATION(S): All (Including Remote)
REQUIRED CREDENTIAL(S): CTC or BCCC
REPORTS TO: Pastoral Care Director
HOURS: Approx. 15-20 hours per week minimum. Additional hours available.
Revive Wellness Group seeks a part-time Associate Counselor to provide faith-based individual, couple, family, and group counseling to clients.
Revive Wellness is a faith-based multi-disciplinary group practice providing counseling, psychotherapy, case management and wellness services to clients across its offices in Western Kentucky.
This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals presently enrolled in a pastoral counseling training program such as the National Christian Counselors Association and who are supplementing their training with real-work practice.
The Associate Counselor is expected to:
- Provide on-site and online pastoral counseling services to clients of Revive Wellness Group as scheduled, and in accordance with practice policies.
- Respond to client’s request for service or calls as soon as possible, within at least 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, email or through the practice’s website. Responding to such inquiries includes meeting, evaluating, and providing services to said clients.
- Communicate with clients’ treatment teams, including PCP, psychiatrist, case manager, school, etc.
- Timely complete written records for each client, including (but not limited to): assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, termination notes, contact notes, and other forms or documents which may be required from time-to-time by the practice.
- Keep client files accurate and up-to-date.
- Charge and collect payments from clients for services provided consistent with the Financial Policies of the practice.
- Meet regularly with Pastoral Care Director or supervisor to engage in Clinical Supervision, as required by this position and the employee’s training program.
- All other duties as assigned.
The work schedule is determined upon hire, based upon the employee’s availability and the needs of the practice. If the employee has additional employment outside the practice, the working schedule can be set to be flexible around the other employment, so long as the schedule remains consistent. Weekends and/or evenings may be required.
The Pastoral Counselor is required to hold a minimum of 12 client sessions per week, provided such clients are provided/referred by the practice. The Pastoral Counselor may hold additional client sessions if they wish, in accordance within their agreed-upon working schedule. This position is not required to be on-call.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A High School Diploma or GED
- One of the following designations:
- Certified Pastoral Counselor (National Christian Counselors Association)
- Certified Temperament Counselor (National Christian Counselors Association)
- Board Certified Christian Counselor (National Association of Christian Counselors)
- Available to hold at least twelve (12) client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by the practice.
- Ability, understanding, education, and comfortability with integrating Christian faith-based measures in the therapeutic relationship.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of providing mental health services, preferably in a private practice setting.
- Have at least one niche market for counseling services: Anxiety, Trauma, Couples, Infidelity, etc.
We think we’re one of the greatest places around to work. We enjoy the privilege of integrating our faith with therapy and helping clients find spiritual, emotional, and physical wellness by practicing from a person-centered, whole-person approach. Benefits of working at Revive Wellness include:
- Collaboration with a fun, energetic and engaging team. (If you enjoy coming to work, closing your door, and not talking to anyone else for the day, you probably won’t enjoy working here.)
- Relatively flexible scheduling, allowing you to take personal time as necessary.
- Access to all items necessary to do your work, including up-to-date workstations, EHR systems, and company provided internet, phone, and email access.
- Additional continuing education opportunities.
- Opportunities to move up within the organization.
- Opportunities to grow in income as client load and hours increase.
HOW TO APPLY
Have your cover letter and resume handy, and click here to apply. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!