POSITION: Billing Specialist
REQUIRED CREDENTIALS: None
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Managing Director
SCHEDULE:TBD (approx. 10 hours/week)
Revive Wellness Group seeks a part-time Billing Specialist to serve in in a remote capacity, handling medical billing duties for the practice. The Billing Specialist manages insurance claim submissions, invoices and payments and system files. The candidate also acts as a liaison between Revive Wellness and insurance companies.
Revive Wellness is a faith-based multi-disciplinary group practice providing counseling, psychotherapy, case management and Intensive Outpatient Program services to clients across its offices in Western Kentucky.
- Communicate with clinical staff about missing or inconsistent information for the claims submission process.
- Review procedure codes and related information in claims to ensure they meet published guidelines.
- Compare diagnosis information to quality measure guidelines to ensure appropriate services are being rendered.
- Ensure claims have complete information to satisfy payer requirements.
- Submit claims via the practice’s Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Analyze and respond to payer rejections, gathering more information as required to resubmit claims.
- Communicate with clinical and management staff about implications of payer rejections.
- Post payments to client files in the practice’s EHR.
- Check and maintain the status of unpaid invoices, following up with clinical staff to collect those payments.
- Generate reports on submitted claims, claim statuses, and payments received.
- All other duties as assigned.
Schedule TBD (approx. 10-15 hours/week)
This position is not required to be “on-call”.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- One year of administrative, clerical, or secretarial experience in a medical setting.
- One year of experience in medical billing.
- Proficiency in general computer software, including email and word processing.
- Residence in the Central Time Zone, where work will be completed.
- A quiet space where work can be completed without interference and interruption.
- High-speed internet access.
- Discipline to complete work in an independent environment.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of experience working in a mental health setting.
- One year of experience working remotely.
This is a W-2 based, part-time position.
We think we’re one of the greatest places around to work. We enjoy the privilege of integrating our faith with therapy and helping clients find spiritual, emotional, and physical wellness by practicing from a person-centered, whole-person approach. Benefits of working at Revive Wellness include:
- Collaboration with a fun, energetic and engaging team.
- Additional educational opportunities.
- Opportunities to move up within the organization.
How to Apply:
Have your cover letter and resume handy, and apply via the link below.
NOTE: Applications without a resume AND cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
No phone calls please.Ad