JOB TITLE: Billing Specialist
LOCATION(S): Owensboro & Remote
REQUIRED CREDENTIAL(S): None
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Approx. 10-15 hours per week.
Revive Wellness Group seeks a part-time Billing Specialist to serve in its Owensboro office and/or remotely, handling medical billing duties for the practice. The Billing Specialist manages insurance claim submissions, invoices and payments and system files. The candidate also acts as a liaison between Revive Wellness and insurance companies.
Revive Wellness is a faith-based multi-disciplinary group practice providing counseling, psychotherapy, case management and wellness services to clients across its offices in Western Kentucky.
The Billing Specialist is expected to:
- Communicate with clinical staff about missing or inconsistent information for the claims submission process.
- Review procedure codes and related information in claims to ensure they meet published guidelines.
- Compare diagnosis information to quality measure guidelines to ensure appropriate services are being rendered.
- Ensure claims have complete information to satisfy payer requirements.
- Submit claims via the practice’s Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Analyze and respond to payer rejections, gathering more information as required to resubmit claims.
- Communicate with clinical and management staff about implications of payer rejections.
- Post payments to client files in the practice’s EHR.
- Check and maintain the status of unpaid invoices, following up with clinical staff to collect those payments.
- Generate reports on submitted claims, claim statuses, and payments received.
- Answer phones and direct callers and schedule appointments on behalf of clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
The work schedule is determined upon hire. The schedule is typically during normal business hours. This position is typically 10 hours per week.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or GED.
- One year of medical billing experience.
- Proficiency in general computer software, including email and word processing.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- One year of experience working in a mental health private practice setting.
We think we’re one of the greatest places around to work. We enjoy the privilege of integrating our faith with therapy and helping clients find spiritual, emotional, and physical wellness by practicing from a person-centered, whole-person approach. Benefits of working at Revive Wellness include:
- Collaboration with a fun, energetic and engaging team. (If you enjoy coming to work, closing your door, and not talking to anyone else for the day, you probably won’t enjoy working here.)
- Relatively flexible scheduling, allowing you to take personal time as necessary.
- Access to all items necessary to do your work, including up-to-date workstations, EHR systems, and company provided internet, phone, and email access.
- Additional continuing education opportunities.
- Opportunities to move up within the organization.
- Opportunities to grow in income as client load and hours increase.
HOW TO APPLY
Have your cover letter and resume handy, and click here to apply. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!