We do things a little differently
Revive Wellness Group isn’t your average counseling practice. And we aren’t average counselors. We do things a little differently here. We’ve come to realize that because of our unique approach, our desire to see people grow spiritually, emotionally and physically, and our method of practice, we’re not for everyone – and that’s okay. The therapy relationship is about you and your needs. The people we work with have found a lot of success; that’s because:
- They come to counseling ready to work.
- They’re not interested in somebody agreeing with everything they have to say. They want to be challenged to take steps to get back on the right track.
- We create measurable goals and give you the tools to help you meet them.
- We acknowledge your faith, and how that plays a role in your healing.
Things we do
We work with people who are tired of feeling stuck and aren’t sure how to move forward. Each of our counselors have a focus and/or specialty in which they constantly work to hone and improve by continuing their education in that area through trainings, seminars and other educational materials as they come available.
We help people with things like:
- Communication trouble in their marriage
- Recovering from affairs
For more details on who we work best with, visit our Services page.
People appreciate what Revive Christian Counseling does because of our:
- Faith-based approach: A Christian counselor is not just a counselor who is a Christian. Rather, our therapists are trained in both theology and psychology, and integrate the two approaches. We believe your faith is an important part of the healing process, and that God’s love, grace and mercy can help.
- Get-down-to-business attitude: We know you’re not spending your time and hard-earned money to come shoot the breeze and talk about the weather. So, our clients appreciate that they can show up ready to work. We’re not here to be an expensive best friend, but rather, a person who is willing to walk through the hard times with you. We may enjoy some moments of laughs and lightheartedness, but therapy is more than just “talking about your problems”.
- Our integrity: We believe in doing everything at Revive Wellness with integrity. We’re honest with people – if we don’t think we can help you, and that there may be somebody better suited to meet you where you are, we’ll be up front about that. We won’t keep you coming here week after week wasting your time and money if it’s not effective.
Things we don’t do
- Give unsolicited or unnecessary advice
- Say something just to try to make you feel better or make it sound “pretty”
- Nod and smile – nobody likes a bobblehead therapist
- Work with people we don’t believe we can help – if we’re not a good fit, we’ll refer you to somebody who is.
- Judge your past or your situation
- Shove religion down your throat
What you can expect
If you’re feeling a little nervous about the process of therapy, you’re certainly not alone. A lot of people come to our office unsure of what’ll happen when they get here. First and foremost, we want you to know that you’re in a safe place to share your heart and what’s happening in your life. We’re not here to judge, we don’t condemn, and we’re not here to make you feel worse for everything you’ve been through – we suspect the world has done enough of that for you already.
Instead, we’re here to help you find the peace, joy and contentment you’re searching for.
We’re not “bobble head” therapists, and we don’t just hide behind a clipboard asking you a lot of questions, making you chase your tail around in circles. We’re not here to tell you what should do, but we will help you come to conclusions and support you while you make decisions to help you move forward.
Our office is a safe place where you’ll have the opportunity to share your heart, and find real opportunities to make positive changes in a healthy way.